Gator Nation

Gator Nation

Friday, July 18, 2014

Memories of a Gator -- Kate Babiuch

(Editor's Note: Each year, I ask the graduating Gators to write a blog post about their memories of being a Gator.  Kate will be attending West Virginia Wesleyan College in the Fall.)

When I think of this swim team and all the time I have dedicated to the program I think of all that has changed from when I started.  I still remember when we took our team pictures on the high dive and A meets where held in the 50 meter pool. 

I remember the coaches that have come and gone and am proud off all the swimmers standing here today. Some I can remember from when I first started 8 and others I have met the numerous times I’ve moved back. I remember when I was the kid so excited to swim in A meets, to when I became to swimmer just in it for the work out and friends.  Either way summer swim has been something I look forward to each summer. The memories are unforgettable, the friends I’ve met I will forever cherish and the coaches no matter what always are looking out for you. 

So to sum up my reflection I’d say no matter how involved I was in swim team it was always worth it and I’m forever blessed to have been a part of this program and I will miss it next summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment