Gator Nation

Gator Nation

Friday, July 24, 2015

Gators Romp In The Swamp

With appreciation to "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" by, of course, Dr. Seuss.


One Gator
Two Gator
Boy Gator
Girl Gator

Green Gator
Green & White Gator
11-12 Gator
6 & Under Gator

This Gator is a little star
This Gator parent goes to the bar
Say! What a lot
of Gators there are.

Yes.  Some are fast.  And some are not so fast.
Some are old.  And some are new.

Some are sad.
And some are glad
And some are very, very fast.

Why are they
fast and glad and sad?
I do not know, 
Go ask your dad.

Some are thin
Some sit on a lap
That one has
a Gator cap!

From the start to the pool end there,
Gator swimmers
Are everywhere!

Here are some
Who like to swim.
They swim for fun
In the hot, hot sun.

Oh me! Oh my!
Oh me! Oh my!
What a lot
of fast swimmers go by!

The top three 6 & under girls in freestyle were: Josie Cowen, Ella Kreinar, and Ella Prible (it's great to be young and an Ella!).  

So, hit Starbucks after the meet?
Uh, I'm so tired, caffeine sounds great!

The top three 6 & under boys in free were Sam Bruce, Thomas Foley, and Liam Fore.

Brace yourselves: We're in charge!

Other top girls freestylers by age group were Hudson Ward, Ginny Grubbs, and Monica Morales for 7-8 year olds, Caroline Miller, Elouise Normand, and Gabby Cullo for 9-10s, and Cecilia Morales, Abby Adams, and Mackenzie Dickerson for 11-12s.

Whoever has the clipboard is in charge.
So, that means I'm in charge!
First, take over the swim meet, then take over the world!

Other top boys freestylers by age group were William Milito, Jackson Foerster, and Sean Kovalsky for 7-8 year olds, Michael Ienzi, Dylan Moore, and William Mochel for 9-10s, and David McAdam and Colin Miller for 11-12 boys.
So, I'm trying to convince the 'rents to take us to St. Tropez
in August.  I hear Mick hangs out there.  But, we'll
probably go to Bethany Beach again, so that's cool.

Overall, 87 Gators swam freestyle at the Romp In the Swamp.

My favorite part of being a superhero is, after I save the world,
I throw off my cape and blend in with the little people.

The top three girls 6 & under backstrokers were Kiersten Gordon, Ella Kreinar, and Josie Cowen.  Kiersten's swim was especially impressive as she finished second as a six year old out of all the 8 & under backstrokers.  The top three boys in that age group were Sam Bruce, Thomas Foley, and and Anthony Sarro.  

No!  This is the only approved way to take a picture!

Other top girls backstrokers were Ginny Grubbs, Monica Morales, and Hudson Ward in the 7-8 year olds, and Addison Dickerson and Natalie Ruppe as 9-10s.

Finally, five minutes to relax!  No carpool to worry about,
don't have to wake the parents up, and no yoga class today.
And my boss at work?  Don't even get me started!

Other top boys backstrokers were Gavin Moore, Jackson Foester, and Jude Klopson for the 7-8 year olds, and William Mochel for the 9-10 boys.

Sigh.  It gets old having to do that thing where I make
my hair go sideways on request, but for you, sure!

We had 48 Gators swim the backstroke.

I wanna be a Gator coach so I can tell little kids what to do!
Yeah, me too!

In breaststroke, top finishers were Monica Morales (8 & under), Saira Nagda, Lillian Babin, and Natalie Ruppe (9-10s), and Cecilia Morales, Ellie Cullo, and Abby Adams for the 11-12s.  On the boys side, it was William Milito, Eddie Muir, and Charlie Bruce (8 & under), Sam Starr, Dylan Moore, and Michael Ienzi (9-10s) amd Charlie Ruppe and Colin Miller (11-12s).

So, a Republican, a Democrat, and an Independent
walk into a bar.  Bartender sez. . .oh, you've heard this one before?
So much for that joke.

Overall, 25 Gators swam breaststroke.

Wait, adults volunteer to work the table?  Really?

For fly, Ginny Grubbs and Caroline Myers led the 8 & under girls, while Caroline Miller, Gabby Cullo, and Lillian Babin were the top 9-10s.  Cecilia Morales and Mia Colaizzi took top honors for 11-12 fly.
How do I feel about this being the shortest meet
of the season?  Here, let me show you!

On the boys side, Jackson Foerster, Sean Kovalsky, and William Milito were the top 8 & unders, while Charlie Ruppe won the 11-12 boys fly.

I'm pretty sure the National Anthem does not
start with "Hey Jude, don't let me down."

There were 19 Gators who swam fly. 

And thus ends another season of Gator Peace,
Gator Love, and Gator Joy!

It was a great meet for the Gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment